Search This Blog

Monday 14 June 2010

Google universe

Google is withdrawing the users to its universe and gaining everyday new slice of users to their cloud applications. they are smartly differentiating their applications from the other applications and really utilizing the concept of cloud applications in their googly unique ways.
Yesterday I was checking on the internet the football world cup schedule and I wanted to embed it in my calendar. The available option I found was direct embedding of the schedule in iGoogle using new gadget for the football leagues including the all famous football leagues int he world in iGoogle. Actually I didn't know iGoogle before but it was really another cool utility from Google in the personalized web pages where I can aggregate several key web information boxex in one page. This will increse the productivity. I consider iGoogle and Google reader are one of the most productive utilities which really can improve the productivity and the information capturing in very short span.
iGoogle as well was full of gadgets whihc is unique value for all these open source platforms where it is open for the developers so they can unlimitedly develop their applications and gadgets on them.
I found alos the world cup schedule posted on the Google calendar and adjusted to my selected time zone which was different from PC purposely.
Eventually, I ended up with using two new applications, iGoogle and Google calendar where both have provided me with significant values.
This incident shows how Google is smartly withdrawing the customers to their universe of cloud applications.
If all these applications will be accessible someday with Android, then you can start to link the dots and figure out the gigantic business model of Google. Universal portability of their applications and full dependecy on their applications everywhere for personal and business usages.

No comments:

Post a Comment