Search This Blog

Thursday 14 October 2010

Sense of achievement

I can say declare proudly that I've just finished the reading of the whole novel in my hand. It was "Hour Game" for David Baldacci. I was strongly determined to enjoy it and to finish to the last line.
I was always discourage myself from going into reading just for the purpose of enjoyment. My internal worries about time wasting was discouraging me. In addition to the family commitments or family demands.
This time I decided to challenge that strongly with full determination to enjoy my personal rights to immerse myself in another world which is the fictitious world of the novel.
I stopped worrying about bunch of things which were killing the enjoyment.
One of them was questioning the value of reading fictional materials. This sense of feeling guilty was discouraging me from reading any novels.
Family was another major hindering factor to discourage me where they were giving me the sense always that whatever left time after work should be dedicated and assigned to them.
I succeeded to shield myself from the surrounding environment and fully immerse myself in what I was reading.
I improved also the quality of my reading.
In the past, if I was reading this novel, I would be just eager to finish it, just o reach to the final page and claim that I finished it.
I was just scanning the words superficially. If I faced any unclear or challenging part which requires more effort to be understood, I was simply skipping it and only seeking the easy and clear parts.
My comprehension was very poor.

I drastically improved the quality of my reading. I'm not concerned about speeding up my reading or skipping the challenging parts but comprehending them.
If I didn't understand a certain part, I pause and reread and think about it.
I'm tasting also the good expressions, and the giving sort of thinking about the different situations. I'm utilizing my imagination to realize the scene description.

I can realize fully how this quality of reading is increasing the enjoyment of the reading and increase the value of the spent time.

I'm developing by the time this thoughtful reading to eradicate totally the superficial reading.
It will be continuous effort to deepen further and further my reading.

The value was rapidly sensed when I found myself everyday transfered to different world through the pages of the novel and living different experiences with different people and characters.

It was curing me from the daily stresses and pressures and commitments by occupying my mind for awhile and distant me from the daily stresses.
This was curing effect.

In the past, I was negatively looking at the fictional materials as full of crap and wasting of time. I changed my perspective toward them. I was judging something I didn't really fully experience so my judgement was shallow and baseless.

Lot of positive values can be scored for the fictional materials as long as the content is rich in the ideas the intellectual level is good.
To list some of them, I would suggest the improvement of the self-expression.
This is very valuable ability which can impact the one's life. whenever and wherever we are, we need to express ourselves and the mostly used communication way is the language. In the work environment we needs around the clock to express powerfully ourselves either in a meeting, or lunch chatting or presentation, ..
Even at certain positions in the work like the management positions, communication represents a major part of their job.
Each novel represents a full experience of life captured in the form of novel.
It is full of knowledge and life's drama and experiences and subjects to be thought about.
Reading novel and comprehending it like living another life and third life and multiple lives.
The quality of the reading was a key factor for me to conclude that otherwise I wouldn't go that way of thinking.
My determination to stop the internal worries and to enter this fascinating fictional world without my burdens of load, has let me to enjoy each reading moment.
Reading a novel was like an oasis in the middle of desert. Mental oasis in the life' desert.

Whenever there are stresses, it is very useful and healthy and curative to occupy your mind with something.
Watching a sports game can do the same curative action but you may gain nothing but on the contrary reading will feed the mind with more ammunitions and the imagination with more material. It is not only recreational time but useful quality time.
This has increased my enjoyment that it was totally constructive time.

The value can be tracked easily where the straightforward improvement of the ability to express and the verbal communication can be sensed directly and that's what I will build up in the next stage through these novels reading.

I will start my next novel which is "Robot City: Odyssey".
Since now, my life will be continuous journey from novel to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment