Search This Blog

Saturday 2 October 2010

Personal Knowledge Management in my Life - 3

At the organization levels, tens, hundreds or thousands of workers are using their own expertise to do sometimes the same tasks are similar tasks.
If PKM managed to capture this massive volume of expertise in organized fashion and regularly utilized it will be very effective know-how capturing for the organization.

The organization in proper structure is a key point to facilitate the utilization of this knowledge.

In the personal level, I was organizing all my own documents in well defined structure of folders. This structure is improving by the time and the basis of categorization and classification is improving by the time.

Now I've folder for each client and I've major folder for the technical consultancies and another one for each software and third one for the proposals.

The another line of organizing them and accessibility to them was the instant search indexing.

Using Windows XP IS indexing was vital process to ease the search and accessibility in this ever growing and massive knowledge base.
Now I can retrieve easily any document.
This is continuous process where I aggregate my documents and continuously folder and organize them.

No comments:

Post a Comment