Search This Blog

Thursday 7 October 2010

Personal Knowledge Management in my Life - 6

(Self Regulation)

PKM requires a set of essential tools to be fully implemented. It requires powerful search engine so I'm using on my laptop windows Instant Search where I can search easily for any document or any keyword.
It requires also a well disciplined and structured organization of the digital and physical file system.
I'm improving the organization of my files and folders to be based on sound heirarchial organization.
Some of my digital files are still a mess and I'm working gradually on moving them to the right compartments.
Definitely the one which will more challenging will be my physical materials where I need the appropriate space and organization to make them more accessible.

This was well realized finding through the hard way. Having a plenty of materials and huge amount without the effective accessibility is reduce the value of them.
The accessible part only is the utilized value of my knowledge base and this accessible part was very shallow.
This is my objective now to utilize frequently this knowledge base and increase the ease of accessibility of it and make it working for me.

I want to see the tangible results increasing out of it.
The coming project will be the first real practice area to utilize fully my knowledge base and gain some values and rewards of it.
Maximizing the return of my personal knowledge base and the corporate knowledge base.

There is an essential behavior component here where knowledge management required basically disciplined behavior.
The Information technology and the information systems are trying simply to discipline this behavior to follow the organizational rules.

I'm working on improving the categorization and classification to be more scientific. Sort of Information systems concepts to be implemented in organizing my files.

I'm determined to store and organized all my career life documents. They will be the emails, project reports, technical write-ups to the clients, proposals, clarifications, ..etc.., structured data, projects.

Fortunately the storage disks are becoming very affordable.

This is another drastic transition in my digital personality where my files and folders were a real mess and now I'm developing by the time better sense of organization and even boosting it to the level of PKM.

No comments:

Post a Comment