Search This Blog

Sunday 3 October 2010

Personal Knowledge Management in my Life - 5

Recently I was assigned to produce proposal for one of the client about a suggested technical study.
There were basically 5 persons included in the discussions and meetings with the clients before me in this process. They held several meetings and went through several email correspondences with the client about the same subject.
When I received the assignment to conclude all that in well defined proposal and scope the whole subject in more precise form, I requested to have what the client received from us. It was one page of basic information which can be act as professional base for any study. It was not considered by any mean as professional proposal.
I was wondering bluntly to the person in charge, are you telling them that 5 persons involved in this process and that what they have come up.
anyway, I utilized my document stock and knowledge repository and I managed to create comprehensive and informative proposal. It has covered the different sections of the professional proposal like the scope of work, budgeting, project scheduling and planning, manpower, so on.

The point here, If I will start constructing this proposal from the scratch I would spend very exhausting time and effort till I manage to produce something accepted in the professional standard.

Using my personal document repository and knowledge base which includes valuable lessons learned and documents similar to the case in hand, I managed to scope the study and generate the proposal in only two days after one meeting with the client.

Client has received after two days from our meeting a complete professional proposal.

This was clearly demonstrable case has emphasized for me the value of retaining and organizing my personal documents, lessons learned, knowledge base, and the value of utilizing it whenever there is a chance.

It demonstrates as well how PKM increases the productivity, efficiency and professionalism of the employees and it is valuable knowledge asset to be retained, organized and utilized.

This domain is fully undervalued by the organizations. I've never received a single course about PKM or even any information about how I can properly retain my own knowledge to utilize it in the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment