Search This Blog

Monday 30 August 2010

Travel planning


As part of my taken resolution about increasing the planning in my personal life and improving the planning skill and practicing it heavily in my life, I started since couple of months the planning of my travels and trips.
I can sense the maturation of my cumulative experience and the improvement of my planning skills by practicing it in different situations and on different levels and scales in my life and I can sense the profound value of practicing it in my personal life.
Value which has convinced me truly that the spent time in the planning is totally invested time and it is worthy.
I will never return back to the random and chaotic person who I was. Planning has become essential component of my way of living.
It is increasing my life discipline. In addition to these valuable gains, planning is considered as a very effective mental exercise and several mental skills are included in the process.
Travel planning has given me the awareness about the proper scheduling and the good sense of the time slots against each task.
Booking the flight tickets and the online checking and reducing the spent time in that was one of the byproduct gained skills.
I have checklist now for each trip where it includes the logistics, shopping items, and any travel related tasks I would like to consider.
These check list is part of my cumulative knowledge also because the majority of the items are valid for the successive trips so it has organized my preparations to the travel in general.
The planning has guided me to arrange the budgeting as well which was another valuable skill. Having this skill enabled me to estimate the required budget for each trip and how can I allocate smartly this budget.
No doubts definitely that the planning is one of the most vital skill in the one's personal and professional life.
It is totally gained skill which can be improved by learning and practicing it.
The good planning can save time and money and can generate value. I experienced that before because of the currency value between the different countries and when should I get currency for the receiving destination. The good and precise planning has grabbed my attention to these points. My last trip was a good example for that where I planned it carefully including the transit time in the airport and scheduling the duty free shopping and the lounge and I managed to use given privilege to me because as a credit card holder to have free access to this lounge. This has emphasized the value of the planning in my life and how it can ease continuously my life in many situations.
I missed before my flights and I missed essential items to have during the travel because of poor planning and mental laziness and the careless attitude I had before. These have gone for every and the disciplined person born to stay and dominate by past character.
The more attention I pay in my planning process, the better plan to cover the all aspects.
It is really funny coincident that my friend was calling me during the writing of this blog post to arrange with me the trip back to home from the office and how we can avoid the traffic jam and the best sport to manage the back trip between the bus and the car. He is one of the most disciplined person I've ever seen and he has a strong self awareness and planning character.
The good planning and the following of it is reducing a lot of unnecessary pressure and stresses which I decided to eliminate. My previous resolution before was the elimination of any unnecessary stresses and pressure as long as there is a way for doing that which could be extra effort or time ..etc..
Applying this resolution has urged me to plan better my time to the airport and allocate enough time for the luggage arrangements.
I found that getting these unnecessary stresses is one of the most ridiculous things in my life and it is totally avoidable.
As I said the continuous practicing of the planning is wearing it up and maturing the skill and the all associated skills including the scheduling and the time management and the logistics and resources planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment