Search This Blog

Friday 27 August 2010

Life planning


On conjunction with the previous post about the planning, I started since one month ago to plan through this Excel spreadsheet for my life key milestones and objectives.
I categorized the objectives to the following groups:
-Career
-Academic
-Family
-Financial
-Health
-Intellectual Objectives.
Each set has a section in this spreadsheet.
For the time being, the key milestones are stated. I'm planning to extend them to include the rest of my expected life till the retirement and post the retirement.
This has helped me significantly to think about the mid-run and long-run objectives and planning for my life.
I will consolidate more defined plan for the coming three to five years followed by life time plan.
As any task or plan I'm doing, this plan and objectives will be matured and developed by time.
the planned period will be 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years till it include the whole life span.
Panning for the life is the most important task one can do it has the power to change the one's perspective to the whole life and the point of being in life and what the one wants to do in this given time span.
The long run vision is one of the key signal about the visionary persons and it will be great source of wisdom.
I was totally short sighted and stricken randomly and without any self determination by the fate events from event to another in an objective-less and plan-less life.
I was totally passive and reacting only to the urgent needs without long sighted vision.
This life planning has triggered and urged me to raise the big question in life about the mission and vision of being in life and what and where I want to be in the coming years to go.
Planning as a skill and its profound impact on the life is continually developed by going through all these real life exercises.
Now I've objectives and better understanding about these objectives. Previously, I didn't have objectives at all.
Now I'm developing continuously these objectives and categorizing them in relevant sets.
These objectives will include the desired career achievements, and academic degrees, financial objectives, investments, knowledge and intellectual objectives, and even innovations and patents as ultimate objectives.

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING BLOG!! LOVE YOUR LIFE PLAN MAP. I will use it for my own I think, thanks this has helped me a lot! Perhaps even changed my life! Thank you Mr Shaker.

    ReplyDelete