Search This Blog

Saturday 28 August 2010

The journey from the imperfect to the perfect

I developed since a considerable time a sort of procedure in achieving things.
It is depends mainly on the gradual improvement and development of the product or the process.
Whenever I want to initiate a new task or produce something or initiate a new process, I start it in the very rudimentary form.
This rudimentary form is usually very immature and is considered as a very early form of the desired product.
I use this early form as the alpha experimenting stage and the practice area.
It is very useful and important stage because this real life experiment will give me the lessons learned to improve the product or the process.
This version 1.0 is my learning and practice area and is heavily subjected to my observation and my experimenting.
I applied this evolutionary approach and continuous improvement process in my personal and professional life and it was very effective in encouraging me to initiate a lot of tasks and processes and produce a lot of products which I was totally ignorant about.
This has represented a drastic change in my perspective toward achieving the tasks where my previous perspective was either the perfect achievement or nothing.
Missing some elements required for the perfect achievement was hindering me from doing it. Eventually I was ending up was doing nothing.
I gradually changed my mind by the partial achievement of the task as long as it is divisible or can be partially done.
This approach was matured over time and I gained valuable experience in developing these prototypes to mature products.
The imperfect product or the process was continuously improved by the time and going through very productive and effective maturation process and my learning curve was gradually in the increasing trend.
The imperfect was in exciting transition stage to the perfect or near perfect product.

No comments:

Post a Comment