Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Personal improvement through repetitive acts

My daughters have asked me to drop them in the morning away from the school gate. They were urged from the school to walk to the school as part of school initiative to encourage the pupils to do more physical efforts and to urge the parents to park away from the crowd spots near by the school.

Each one of my daughter has  table to be filled with ticks for each time they walk to the school.
They urge me to increase their ticks and fill up the table.

This has inspired me - Please read the previous posts about the learning spirit and the inspirational attitude - to use the way to gain new qualities and habits in my personality.

In my motivational blocknote, I draw the qualities and the good habits which I would like to gain such as punctuality, deep insights in my work, creative ideas, initiatives, knowledge sharing, effective contribution in the meetings, problem solving, innovative ideas, ..etc...

Under each quality, I draw empty boxes. Each time I have deep insight in my work I check the corresponding box and each time I attend a meeting on time or come on time to my work I blacken the punctuality box.

My aim is simply to turn those qualities to a habit and to be organically embedded in my personality as an essential component of it and the subsequent act as a habit.

After this blog, I will blacken as well the box of the life reflection as one of my noted qualities there.

I've around 40 box to be filled. If I filled all of them, those initiated qualities will be transformed to essential building blocks of my character genetics and familiar habits.

The power of repetitive habits are stronger than the power of the conscious acting!

No comments:

Post a Comment