Search This Blog

Saturday 15 December 2012

Developing good habits


 
 
 
 
Gaining a good habit takes a time. It requires to believe in its value and to resist your counter habits and to do it repetitively till it becomes organic part of your personality.
 
In a previous post "Personal Improvement through repetitive acts" I wrote that I started to track my effort to gain new good qualities and good habits in my life.
 
As shown above in the image, a table of the good qualities which I want to fully endorse and to embed them in my personality are listed in the first row. Each time I do any of them I blacken its corresponding box.
 
For instance, punctuality is listed there so whenever I attend my meetings on time or come to the work on time, I blacken its box.
 
The page includes about 50 boxes in each column. I believe whenever I will finish blackening all those boxes, I will gain a lot of good qualities and they will become more and more essential and organic part of my personality with less and less effort and with authentic believe backing them in my conscious.
 
I list above for example, punctuality, perfection, social communication, inner peace, discipline, productivity, etc,'
 
I can tell now from the visual inspection which ones are progressing and which ones which are still resistive to be gained.
 
This has started to give me further insights about myself and how those qualities are interlinked together as baggage so I need to address them as a baggage and help and support myself to gain them with additional supportive methods and change some of my life patterns.
 
It is a simple and effective method.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment