Search This Blog

Saturday 18 September 2010

Tracking my personal finances is becoming my daily routine

I managed to convert the tracking of my personal finances to a daily routine. Everyday I'm improving the efficiency and the accuracy of my spreadsheets to be more reliable and everyday I'm gaining more knowledge and experience about the personal finances. It's becoming a daily habit to track my online banking accounts, my budget spreadsheet, and my asset spreadsheet and to know exactly my net worth after deducing my credit balance.
Time spent on it is decreasing day by day and everyday I learn new trick in Excel to automate the spreadsheets and to reduce the manual update.
It's not fully auto-piloted but everyday I find a way to fill one of the cells automatically instead of manually updating it.
I've found recently a way also to calculate my expenses for each category instead of doing that manually. All I need at this stage is just to type symbol representing the type of the item and one of Excel functions will automatically calculate the expense for each category.
I decided to focus more on the gross expenses at this stage and later the detailed budget spreadsheet will come by the gradual improving of my tracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment