Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Tracking my financial quotient progress

I 'm increasing gradually my financial awarenss, knowledge and in general my financial quotient day by day.
Because of that and the executed financial resolutions I managaed to cut some considerable losses by implementing a package of financial resolutions in my life.
I’m fully satisfied to see the rewards and the impact of these resolutions and gained fruits.
I stopped being ignorant and illiterate about my banking status and statements and expenses and credits.. and stopped saying I’m not good in these stuff to be I’m working on being good on this stuff by following improvement plan. I turned it to area of improvement to be addressed and focused. As a consequence, My credit charges and the associated bank fees were reduced drastically.
In a first time since months ago I don't have defered billed charges and this skyrocketing credit debit interests.
I only had the late charge assessment fees which I will cut it from the next month totally by improving my payment due time and discipline.
I’m no regretting losing some money –which was a lot – in the past months because of these credit interests because I’ve gained the lesson learned from this experienc.
The lesson is really valuable and as I was saying to myself always if my mistake will be the last one and lessons will be fully comprehended and followed then this mistake is really worthy to be done to pass the lesson and it would be fair price to be paid for a valuable lesson in life.
Some people learn from other’s mistakes, others learn from their own mistakes, others don’t get the lesson at all. I will be at least form the ones who learn from their own mistakes and who are not repeating their mistakes for ever if I’m not from the one who learn from the other’s mistakes and lessons.
The second losses cutting resolution was avoid filling my local currency credit balance from my dollar account where the bank rate was far low beyond the market rate. I decided to withdraw cash from the bank and sell the dollar outside to get better price and deposit them back in the credit balance.
The difference really matters by using simple math I found it can reach up or more than 1000$ per year just because of that.
Thirdly I’m waiting till I find in the market the best likely price and sell my dollars using this price which again add some gains.
Fourthly no cash in advance from the credit.
Fifthly I will deposit in the beginning of each month our estimated monthly expenses to cover our expenses all over the month and avoid any possibility of exceeding the due time since I decided to cover the credit balance month by month.
My financial awareness is really rewarding and I can feel the positive impact and the self satisfaction.
It is totally different when I was receiving the statement and don’t understand what the hack these numbers are referring to then folding it again and throw it in the drawer and I ended up with a heavy credit debit.
Meanwhile I’m still working in improving my budgeting.
One of my friend noticed my growing interest in my personal finances and from his perspective it is like counting the peanuts which may spoil my enjoyment with the life by bothering myself with all these numbers.
In my perspective, it is the other way around, this awareness was a source of self satisfaction and reaching the financial freedom as a goal some day it really worthy to put some effort in doing that by following strictly your finances.
The purpose was never cutting the expenses or downscaling my life style but optimizing my expenses by cutting the non sensable expenses and directing them in more valuable channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment