Search This Blog

Saturday 4 September 2010

Reading habits

I changed my reading habits. In the past I was very shallow reader who is scanning the words without bothering to comprehend or to understand between the lines or to think about the fundamentals behind what I was reading.
I was scanning with my eyes like a dummy machine the words and absorb what goes smoothly to my mind and the skip what challenges my mind without bothering to comprehend it.
I changed this habit since I started to think deeply about my work domain where it has developed the deep thinking and innovative and creative thinking. My mind has gained again how to deeply process the information and to deeply dive into it to understand the roots of it.
I accepted now as well that sometimes you can not understand simply the complicated information from the first time and I need to double the effort if I want to understand it. In the past, I didn't give myself this chance.
This was drastic change in my reading and digesting what I read instead of the shallow knowledge. Now my mind has to question, criticize, and comprehend and even create and innovate something out of it and consolidate opinion about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment